ISO 17025 Consulting
What is ISO 17025:2017
ISO 17025:2017 is a popular international standard for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories around the world. This standard allows laboratories to implement a sound quality system and demonstrate that they are technically competent and able to produce valid and reliable results. In addition, this standard helps facilitate cooperation between laboratories and other bodies. Test reports and certificates can be accepted from one country to another without the need for further testing.
Who Should Use ISO 17025
This standard should be used by calibration and test laboratories wishing to demonstrate their technical competency.
What Are the Benefits of ISO 17025
Some of the main benefits of ISO 17025 certification include:
- Measurement and calibration traceability improves
- Improved competence of technical lab staff
- Regular and periodic lab equipment maintenance
- Preciseness and validity of testing methods done in a lab
- High-quality standard of testing conditions
- Expensive retesting should be reduced
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Improved lab testing environment
How Do I Get Started with ISO 17025
When determining how to get started it is important to look at your internal resources. Do you have anyone on your team that knows the standard and can implement its criteria properly? If not, you may want to consider reaching out to an experienced ISO 17025 consultant who can assess your organization and systems to determine what is needed for effective implementation. Contact us.
If you are working towards the standard a copy of ISO 170251:2017 can be purchased here.
For our Massachusetts clients, State funding is available to help with ISO 17025 2017 training.